Collection and use of personal information
Knit offers a payroll and human resources platform which you are required to provide certain information in order to access the service. We may otherwise collect and use personal information when you doing the following:
- Create an account: To access the service, you will create an account, which we will obtain the necessary information we need to complete transactions, such as name, address, telephone, email and/or particular information regarding business or employees to utilize our service.
- Contact us: When you contact us with comments, suggestions or complaints regarding our products or services, we may obtain identifying information such as name, telephone number and address, along with any additional information required. Information provided may be retained to better assist you in the future and improve our site, service or customer service.
- Request a demo: When you request a demo to see our service, we may collect your name, company name, email and certain information about your business to contact you regarding the demo.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Knit will not disclose, share, sell or trade any provided information without consent unless granted or under the following circumstances:
- Provide the service: In connection to the services we provide, we may disclose information to third party agents and/or payroll and benefits providers to facilitate the operation of our service under your permission.
- Third party arrangements: We may share information provided by you to third parties who provide services on our behalf. This may include providers who process payments, website host and website analytics. Our service providers are given access to information solely to perform their functions and not permitted for any other purpose.
- Sales of business: In the event in connection to a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy or sales of Knit, information may be transferred to the controlling corporation.
- Legal: In cooperation with the government and law enforcement officials, we may disclose personal information in order to enforce or comply with the law when we believe necessary or appropriate to protect our property and rights, to protect the public or prevent any activity posed under law as suspicious, illegal or unethical.
We understand the importance of data security and we are committed to safeguarding information by employing administrative, physical and electronic measures to prevent any unauthorized access, use or modification of information.